David S. Frankel is one of the world’s leading authorities on model-driven systems. He has over 30 years of experience as a programmer, architect, and technical strategist. He has published two books and dozens of trade press articles, and has presented at many industry conferences.
The IT domains in which he has expertise include model-driven systems, metadata management, data integration, domain-specific languages, enterprise-scale software architecture, semantic information modeling, semantic APIs, semantic interoperability, service-oriented architecture, and software product lines.
The business domains in which he has applied his technical expertise in recent years include financial services, ERP financials, and business reporting.
David Frankel is co-author of a number of important software standards, including UML® 2, ISO 20022, BIAN, and the XBRL Abstract Model. He also served terms as an elected member of the Architecture Board and Board of Directors for the Object Management Group (OMG).
David Frankel has a proven ability to communicate in writing, presentations, and mentoring.
Model Driven Architecture: Applying MDA to Enterprise Computing, John Wiley & Sons, January 2003.
The MDA Journal: Model Driven Architecture Straight from the Masters, Meghan-Kiffer Press, October 2004, co-edited with John Parodi.
· Separation of Concerns in Complex Software Systems, June 4, 2014
· Scaling SoC via Declarative Metadata, July 9, 2014
· End-to-End Metadata: Toward Transparency of Enterprise Software, July 16, 2014
· Product Line Architecture: Organizing for Reuse, August 4, 2014
· Data Integration: The Perennial Challenge, Part I, August 24, 2014
· Data Integration: The Perennial Challenge, Part II, August 24, 2014
· Revisiting Service-Oriented Architecture, September 15, 2014
· Bringing Mobile Computing to Enterprise Applications, October 14, 2014
· Maintaining Traceability in Second-Generation SOA, January 29, 2015
· Mobile Computing for Enterprise Applications: A Progress Report, Part I, March 24, 2015
· Mobile Computing for Enterprise Applications: A Progress Report, Part II, March 31, 2015
· Agile and Enterprise Architecture: Managing the Tension, October 29, 2014
· How Semantics Can Take Graph Databases to New Levels, Big Data Quarterly, July 8, 2015
· Multi-Dimensional Graph Data Opens the Door to New Applications, Datanami, June 2, 2015